With any initial headache you should seek further assessment to rule out any pathology. If you experience vomiting, nausea, dizziness, blurred vision or disorientation with your headache, please see your GP immediately. If you suffer from chronic headaches and migraines, it is advised to see an experienced Aurum Health Care Chiropractor to assess and formulate a treatment plan so you can be on the road to recovery. Call us on 9899 1416 or Book Online.
What is a Cluster Headache?
It is a type of headache that presents as brief attacks of sudden, severe, single sided head pain around the eye area.
What are the symptoms of a Cluster Headache?
You usually experience:
- Sudden onset of severe one-sided head pain around the eye region
- Pain described to be “excruciating”, “piercing”, and “deep”
What are the causes or triggers of a Cluster Headache?
- Glare and bright lights
Who usually experiences a Cluster Headache?
- It is more common in men than women
- Occurs mostly in the age 20-50 years
Is there anything I can do to help with my Cluster Headache?
Yes, there is. After consulting one of our experienced Chiropractors, they will be able to guide you on effective strategies to manage your Cluster Headache.
Some strategies you need to discuss with our Chiropractors include:
- Avoiding food triggers
- Stress management and relaxation therapy
Please note: Seek immediate medical care if you experience:
- Sudden onset of a very severe headache
- New headache especially in above 60 years of age
- New signs and symptoms with the headache e.g. numbness, tingling, weakness
- Changes in personality
- Seizures, vomiting
- Persistent headache
- Unable to move neck
- Anticoagulant therapy i.e. warfarin
- Children with headache
- Known cancer
- Pressure in the eyes
With any headache you should seek further assessment to rule out any pathology.
For a more customised plan and if symptoms do not improve, call us on 9899 1416 or Book Online and one of our experienced Chiropractors at Aurum Health Care can assess and formulate a treatment plan for you to get you on the road to recovery.