Cervical (Neck) Meniscoid Entrapment
What is Cervical (Neck) Meniscoid Entrapment?
It is when the soft tissue in between the joint capsule becomes trapped, and a ‘pinching’ or ‘catching’ sensation with neck pain is experienced.
What are the symptoms of Cervical (Neck) Meniscoid Entrapment?
You usually experience:
- Neck pain with a ‘catching’ feeling when moving your neck
- Sharp neck pain with muscle guarding that gets worse over time
- Limited neck movement
What are the causes of neck pain due to Cervical (Neck) Meniscoid Entrapment?
- Abnormal biomechanics in the cervical spine (neck region)
- Pain as a result of muscle spasm, i.e. acute locked neck syndrome
- Prolonged immobility of the joints in the neck i.e. prolonged poor posture when using electronics (tablets, phones)
If I experience neck pain from Cervical (Neck) Meniscoid Entrapment, what can I do?
- Ice to the affected area. Click this link for duration
For a more customised self-management plan and if symptoms do not improve,
Call us on 9899 1416 or Book Online and one of our experienced Chiropractors at Aurum Health Care can assess and formulate a treatment plan for you to get you on the road to recovery.