With any initial headache you should seek further assessment to rule out any pathology. If you experience vomiting, nausea, dizziness, blurred vision or disorientation with your headache, please see your GP immediately. If you suffer from chronic headaches and migraines, it is advised to see an experienced Aurum Health Care Chiropractor to assess and formulate a treatment plan so you can be on the road to recovery. Call us on 9899 1416 or Book Online.
What is a Cervicogenic Headache?
It is described as head pain originating from the cervical spine (neck region).
What are the symptoms of a Cervicogenic Headache?
You usually experience:
- Pain localised to your neck and base of skull
- Pain aggravated by specific neck movement or sustained posture and may radiate to the forehead, eye regain, temple and ears
What causes a Cervicogenic Headache?
- Neck movement or sustained awkward head positions such as painting, washing the floor
- History of neck trauma
Who usually experiences a Cervicogenic Headache?
- Approximately 18% of adults experience this type of headache
- It is more common in females than males.
Is there anything I can do to help with my Cervicogenic Headache?
Yes, there is. After consulting one of our experienced Chiropractors, you will be guided on effective strategies to manage your Cervicogenic Headache.
Some strategies you need to discuss with our Chiropractors include:
- Ice / Heat
- Supportive neck pillow
- Gentle stretching of neck
Please note: Seek immediate medical care if you experience:
- Sudden onset of a very severe headache
- New headache especially in above 60 years of age
- New signs and symptoms with the headache e.g. numbness, tingling, weakness
- Changes in personality
- Seizures, vomiting
- Persistent headache
- Unable to move neck
- Anticoagulant therapy i.e. warfarin
- Children with headache
- Known cancer
- Pressure in the eyes
With any headache you should seek further assessment to rule out any pathology.
For a more customised plan and if symptoms do not improve, call us on 9899 1416 or Book Online and one of our experienced Chiropractors at Aurum Health Care can assess and formulate a treatment plan for you to get you on the road to recovery.