Cervical Facet Syndrome
If you have neck pain symptoms, it is advised to see an experienced Aurum Health Care Chiropractor before commencing any self-management strategies. Call us on 9899 1416 or Book Online.
What is Cervical Facet Syndrome?
Facet or Z-joints are those joints located behind adjacent vertebrae and are responsible for prolonged stability in the spinal column whilst allowing movement. Cervical Facet Syndrome occurs when these joints become irritated or damaged and cause neck pain and discomfort.
What are the symptoms caused by Cervical Facet Syndrome?
You usually experience:
- Dull ache and pain in the neck, which may be sharp during acute episodes
- Decrease range of motion in neck
- Neck pain and muscle spasm/ torticollis (wry neck)
- Neck pain may sometimes radiate into shoulder, mid back region or head
What causes neck pain due to Cervical Facet Syndrome?
- It may be secondary to a cervical (neck) injury i.e. whiplash
- Cervical disc issues
- Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis
If I experience neck pain from Cervical Facet Syndrome, what can I do?
- Ice to the affected area. Click this link for duration
For a more customised self-management plan and if symptoms do not improve,
Call us on 9899 1416 or Book Online and one of our experienced Chiropractors at Aurum Health Care can assess and formulate a treatment plan for you to get you on the road to recovery.